The beginning of a new year always inspires and energizes me, but the beginning of a new decade is a whole different level! 2019 was a bit of a rough year for me, so I want to ensure I have the best new year possible! With that being said, here are 25 habits you can do to make sure you have a great year!
Good habits create a better life, this year and next.
- Buy a planner (and actually use it!)
- Every Sunday, try to map out what your week looks like
- Wake up at least 30 minutes early to set your day
- Read for at least 30 minutes a day
- SAVE YOUR MONEY! Try and save a specific percentage of each check
- Don’t be afraid to say no to others
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions (if you are in class and have no idea what is happening, ask it in the moment)
- Set personal monthly goals for yourself + reward yourself when you reach them
- Drink more water (I know you hear this everywhere, there’s a reason you do!)
- Go to sleep earlier (we all need our beauty sleep)
- If your job offers it, start your 401k ASAP
- Be kind to yourself
- Make time to treat yourself
- Don’t focus on things you can’t control
- Be direct with others
- Travel somewhere new (it doesn’t even have to be far, maybe go and check out that one side of town you’ve never visited)
- If you have credit cards, try to pay more than the minimum each month
- Don’t be afraid to declutter your entire life (things in your room, old pics on your phone, music downloads that you never listen to, whatever)
- Give yourself breaks when working/studying
- Take your daily vitamins
- Create a personalized morning routine
- Create a personalized night routine
- Direct your focus to something other than yourself
- Start living in the present (if you are at a concert or event: let the music fill your soul, not your snapchat memories)
- Wear sunscreen every day! (Your skin will thank you later!)
Hopefully, this list has given you some ideas for how you can restructure your life this year to have your best year yet! I know I am definitely going to be doing a few (or almost all) of these habits! If you find yourself having trouble keeping up with some habits, stay tuned for my next blog post on motivation!
Thanks for reading! Make sure you keep up with me on Pinterest @/thecampuschick and don’t forget to share this post!